Wednesday 28 March 2012

EN 9: Reminders from Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Today we began a writing unit.  Students and teacher wrote a paragraph together, after looking at a picture of a man almost being eaten by a shark.


Smelling rotten and putrid meat behind me, I turned to see a demon fish, a great white shark.  The salty seawater infiltrated my mouth and lungs when I tried to scream.  I hoped the boat I could hear in to my left would save me.  The click of a camera made me think, “Why isn’t that jerk helping me?”   An excruciating pain went up my leg and I realized the demon fish had struck again.  I hope my nick-name hop-a-long Harry was worth the picture.

After this activity, students were shown three videos for which they were required to write topic sentences.




Finally, students chose one of these topics and wrote a descriptive paragraph, making sure to focus on the five senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment